Special Needs Parents Appreciation Month
Special-Needs Parents Appreciation Month is a way to recognize and celebrate some unsung heroes in our families, churches, and communities. Often, special needs families feel isolated and neglected. But each August during Special Needs Parents Appreciation Month, friends, family members, churches, and communities can say “We see you. We appreciate you.” This boost will be invaluable to the parents whose kids may not even be able to speak the words “thank you.”
Join in the Celebration
Do you know a special needs parent? Maybe it’s your friend, family member, or someone you know in your community. Tell us why you think they should win a gift from our sponsors! If they win, we’ll announce their name on the Facebook page and notify them via email.
We have a variety of sponsorship opportunities. Donate a prize, sponsor a blog post, or simply sponsor a support donate. We can’t do any of this without our sponsors! Check out the parternship levels below.
Become a financial supporter of Special Needs Parents Appreciation Month to help provide helpful resources and fun prizes to special needs families. Your name/company name and photo/logo will be added to our list of sponsors. Donate below, or contact Sarah Broady for more information.
What We Do
Every August, we celebrate special needs parents by allowing friends and family members to nominate a special needs parent they know by filling out a simple form to share the story of why they think their nominee deserves to be honored. Chosen nominees will receive a special prize from our sponsors throughout the month of August. We have as many winners as we have sponsors, and prizes range from books from special needs authors to gift baskets to other creative gifts from sponsors.
Sandra Peoples first began Special Needs Parents Appreciation Month in 2015 out of a desire to honor all the unseen love and care that special needs parents lavish on their children on a daily basis. She wanted a way to tell those families, “We see you. We appreciate you.”
In 2019, Sarah Broady took over the project and hopes to facilitate its continued growth and reach across the country. Sarah shares Sandra’s desire to see whole communities, churches, and even shops and restaurants catch the excitement to bless special needs families in a special way as a way to say, “Thank you” even if their child can’t say it for themselves.
Share on social media using #spneedsparentsmonth
Thank you for your interest in partnering with us to celebrate special needs parents this August! We have multiple levels of partnership available as shown below.
Please choose your sponsorship level below according to what you would like to give. Sarah Broady will contact you with details of prize donations and submitted posts, or you can email her with any questions.
Bronze SponsorshipPrize Donation Only
Silver Sponsorship$25 Donation (+ Optional prize)
Gold Sponsorship$50 Donation + 1 Submitted Post
- Donate $50. Your bio information and a link to your site or product will be displayed in our featured sponsors.
- Submit a post to be featured on the site during July or August. Your post can cover topics that would encourage special needs parents or equip church or communities to support special needs families. (1 post submission included; $25 for additional post submissions.)
- To donate $50 and submit posts, please click sponsor link for donation and contact Sarah Broady for post submissions.
Platinum Sponsorship$100 Support Donation +2 Submitted Posts + Ad
- Donate $100. Your bio information and a link to your site or product will be displayed in our featured sponsors.
- Submit up to 2 posts to be featured on the site during the month of August. Your posts can cover topics that would encourage special needs parents or equip church or communities to support special needs families. (2 post submissions included; $25 for additional post submissions)
- Become a full financial supporter with this level to have an ad (of your design) on the Special Needs Parents Appreciation page and posts for a full year (August 2019 to July 2019) and monthly promotion on our social media feeds.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Help us bless special needs families!